PHCC Academy Plumbing & HVAC Apprenticeship Courses
We're transitioning to our new learning management system!
For a real-time schedule, contact email@example.com
The PHCC Educational Foundation offers plumbing and HVACR apprentice eLearning courses for apprentices who need a non-traditional method of receiving their apprenticeship-related instruction. This program is recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration, Office of Apprenticeship, as a reasonable option for apprentice training. Each course is the equivalent of one year of classroom instruction. On-the-job training must be coordinated with a participating employer.
The Foundation's PHCC Academy courses offer enhanced course quality and give students fast feedback on their performance.
For details on enrollment in the PHCC Academy Plumbing and HVACR courses, contact the following individuals:
- Alabama – Bob Mosca - (205) 985-9488 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado - Bayley Krell - (303) 758-9616 or email@example.com
- Georgia - Ellen Whitaker - (678) 947-3473 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louisiana - Crystal Carter - (225) 343-2776 or email@example.com
- Missouri - Ray Hefner - (314) 770-0093 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Jersey - Nicole Urizzo - (609) 987-0500 or email@example.com
- North Carolina - Jim Pendergrass - (919) 532-0522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- California - Kelly Ceballos – (916) 640-0910 or email@example.com
- Pennsylvania – Mike McGraw – (800) 220-7422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other states - PHCC Academy- email@example.com
Prior to enrolling, the apprentice should confirm with his or her state licensing and/or labor department that this program is acceptable as a substitute for classroom instruction.
Technical Requirements for PHCC Academy Courses
- Windows Vista or higher
- Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
- Internet Speeds:
- Download: 1.5 Mbps min.
- Upload: 1 Mbps min.
- 2GB RAM min.
- Ports: 1935, UDP/TCP
- Internet Explorer
- Adobe Flash Player v12
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Webcam – 1280 x 720 resolution (for proctored exam only)
Proctored final exam does not support Google Chromebooks, Android tablets, iOS tablets, Linux systems or Microsoft Surface RT.
For more information on how to start a program, watch the video below:
For more information, click on the links below.
Code of Federal Regulations
This online course is expressly permitted in the Code of Federal Regulations as follows:
29 CFR 29.5(b)(4) - Standards of Apprenticeship
"…. A minimum of 144 hours for each year of apprenticeship is recommended. This instruction in technical subjects may be accomplished through media such as classroom, occupational or industry courses, electronic media, or other instruction approved by the Registration Agency."